The 30-A corridor in Walton County, along with communities on the Bay, and in-between, is home to plenty of luxury homes.
For buyers looking for their perfect new home or rental property, they’ll have a huge variety from which to choose. There are spectacular Gulf front properties, exquisite homes overlooking the Bay, and a variety of small communities with walking, biking, and hiking trails to please the most discerning taste.
The almost 30 miles of white sandy beaches along world-famous Scenic 30-A is made of crushed quartz from the Appalachians. These beaches are listed among the top places to live and vacation in the world. With preserves, beaches, and parks, each community in the area has much to offer.
There are stunning homes on pilings right at the edge of the lapping waves, and gorgeous homes tucked in the Longleaf pines a mere 5-minute walk from the water. Or if being on the water isn’t your thing, pick a gated community only a couple of miles away and enjoy hiking and biking trails with plenty of wildlife and native plants to appreciate.
When it comes to buyers and luxury homes, there are some things that are must-haves.
- Make the most of those views. Whether it’s the gorgeous emerald waters of the Gulf or the still waters of the Bay, the white sand and mesmerizing waves framed in the floor to ceiling windows bring a ‘wow factor’ to any home. Frame those sunsets or sunrises in as many rooms as possible.
- Open concept living is still popular. Buyers love large rooms and high ceilings bathed in light, with beams or reclaimed wood that are perfect places for relaxing or entertaining. Rooms where the kitchen, dining, and living are all perfectly tied together and where the natural lighting changes as the sunsets.
- A kitchen worthy of a gourmet chef with top-of-the-line appliances is essential. Plenty of countertops and storage, and don’t forget the perfect backsplash that makes a statement and a temperature-controlled wine cellar tucked inside the butler’s pantry.
- Since many owners and buyers of luxury homes are used to traveling to exotic places, they are also used to spa treatments at high-end establishments. Let them experience their own personal spa in their own custom-designed bathroom as part of the master bedroom en-suite, complete with a designer walk-in closet.
- A dedicated workout room and entertainment theater allow everyone to stay in shape in the privacy of their own home and to enjoy the entertainment of their choosing while spending quality time with friends and family.
- Infinity pools for lounging and swimming, and cabanas for changing, and outdoor kitchens for more intimate meals, make the luxury experience complete.
- And last, but definitely not least, is smart technology. Apps that control temperature, security, lights, water sensors, and much more.
Life here on the Gulf is more laid-back and each sunny day is welcomed. Retired couples, families, and single adults all work and play together in a place that many consider paradise.
Whether you live on or near the Emerald Coast or only vacation here occasionally, I’m certain you’ll agree that no matter what your price-point, you’re sure to find the perfect appointed home to fit your needs.
Written By Victoria Ostrosky